Wednesday, August 25, 2010

simple sweater update

So yesterday I had about 30 min when BOTH kids were napping.
This project has been on my brain for a while & I finally decided to just knock it out.
I have been loving all the embellished clothing lately at places like J.Crew, Anthropologie & Loft
I have also had this plain old white cardigan for YEARS, but it has been hanging in my closet {unworn} for a couple of years now. I figured all it needed was a little ruffle.


Voila!


Here is what it looked like before...boring!

Want to know how it did it?

Supplies:

old white cardigan

1 2yd package of 3/4" wide twill tape, white

sewing machine & white thread

Step 1: set your sewing machine stitch length to the longest option, sew down the center of the twill tape from beginning to end. Pull the thread to ruffle the twill tape.

Step 2: Reset your stitch length to the normal setting. Decide where you want the ruffle to go on your cardigan (I started at the bottom and took it all the way up to the shoulder seam on one side). Lay your ruffle on to the sweater and sew right up the center of the ruffle, back stitching at the beginning and end.

That's it! So easy and turns an old sweater into a brand new one!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails